PRS coil split wiring resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chadd View Post
    Doesn't work at all on my S2, I get full volume of both coils regardless of how/where it is connected
    Something fairly simple has to be amiss. Perhaps just the switch itself having failed. It's been known to happen.
    I suggest testing that for correct functionality first.

Wire color codes can cause mixups too. Could also be too-high resistor values or subsequent connection to ground.
    Does the guitar have the stock pickups and wiring? Or has it been modded?

Assuming the pickups sound fine, the number of likely problems is not very large.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

Something fairly simple has to be amiss. Perhaps just the switch itself having failed. It's been known to happen.
      I suggest testing that for correct functionality first.

Wire color codes can cause mixups too. Could also be too-high resistor values or subsequent connection to ground.
      Does the guitar have the stock pickups and wiring? Or has it been modded?

Assuming the pickups sound fine, the number of likely problems is not very large.
      Neither push/pull worked correctly from the factory. I've since upgraded the pickups and verified the connections match PRS diagrams and same result. I'll replace the pots at some point, but it still works fine as an HH guitar. Definitely on the list to go out the door before I move in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

Neither push/pull worked correctly from the factory. I've since upgraded the pickups and verified the connections match PRS diagrams and same result. I'll replace the pots at some point, but it still works fine as an HH guitar. Definitely on the list to go out the door before I move in the fall.
        If the wiring's right and the resistors are the correct values, splits will work fine once you have better push-pulls.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
        X