Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying older SD pickups

Hi.

I scored an old frankenstein deal of a guitar which has those pickups.
    I looked at the article on this site about pre 2002 pickups.
    However, I'd like to have a bit more info about them and when they were made.
    They are '59 pickups.
    Does the "n" mean neck?
    Do I then have two neck pickups?
    No initials on them. Any idea who wound them?
    Any idea on what year?

Any other tidbits about them?

Thanks!

59N is a neck model, so yeah, two neck models. (Which is not a bad thing. Depends on the guitar whether it works for you sound-wise.)

59N•D is wound by Debbie Nyquist

The 59N stamped label with no winder initial could be anyone; could even be wound by Seymour. Looks pretty 'used' the tabs have been filed to fit in some other guitar, presumably a direct mount where the tabs had to clear the wood.

Double creme is somewhat rare now. Appears they are both 4-conductor, which is another less common bonus. (Braided shield single conductor is the factory default on those.)

The font the the sticker of the no-winder-initial pickup looks odd to me. (Someone else will have to check me if that's actually a Duncan sticker or not.)
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 02-02-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

The 59N-D was made pre 1983, since its vintage and double cream it should bring some money. The other one was made between 1996 and 2002.
      Last edited by hamerfan; 02-02-2022, 02:55 PM.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I have a pre-1983 Debbie Nyquist wound SH-5 Custom ("D").

Unfortunately, she passed away about 9 years ago.

Comment

... okay then, the spell is probably broken.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
          X