Need help identifying 80s strat pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying 80s strat pickups

My dad gave me his 1980 Tokai Strat and said he had the pickups replaced some time in the 80s. He said they were Duncans as the only other brand around at the time was DiMarzio. There ain't no stickers on them and he is not too sure about their origin, so it would be nice to get any info.

They're looking fairly basic and I could not distinguish them from any other pickup manufacturer so far. Only thing I noticed was the red and white wire on the middle pickup...

As I'm looking to sell them to buy other pickups for the strat, it would be also helpful to know whether they are worth anything or not, especially since they're so old.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am not a expert on Seymours single coils. In the 80ies they had this paperstickers, but also an imprint in the lower flatwork like SD 7 88. I don‘t see it, so it could even very early. The other things on the pickups look quite right for SDs.
    The red/white is just a wonky workaround to save it from rewinding. Since i see also a rusty pole piece on it, its just a matter of time…
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

have a meter reading from them? all the same? looks like staggered alnico poles and formvar wire but cant tell much else

Comment

Working...
      X