Black Winter neck is in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter neck is in

Finally my black nickel covered BW neck arrived abd had it installed. Got the guitar back yesterday, but we went out last nite to see Jeff Dunham.

Just got a few minutes to sit with the guitar. Initial thought is Im really happy with it. Remindes me a bit of a slightly warmer, beefier Jazz. It has some of that "Strattiness" the Jazz has without being as bright as the Jazz neck.

Ill take a little time whenever I can amd fine tune it a bit, it also plays very well with the Distortion in the bridge.

1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Curious why you went with the cover? Do you have plans on replacing the bridge also in the future?

Comment

As of right now, I have no plans to cover the bridge, but that could change in the future.

I like the looks of covered pickups but didmt want to do chrome or nickel as fhat wouldnt have matched the rest of the hardware, where as the black nickel cover matches closer to the black nickel hardware on the guitar
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Finally got to spend a bit of time with the pickup yesterday. Adjusted height as it was sittingnpretty low. Fattened up, still very tight and notes ring out beautifully even under the gain of a Dracarys.

Id kinda put in the same arena as the Sentient, which has been described as if a Jazz and 59 had a baby, leaning a bit more to the 59. The BW is similar but leans a bit more to hotter, fatter Jazz.

Chords are full, but clear all thru the gain of the Jube as well thru various dirt pedals.
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Working...
        X