Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup selection help for a stale Chapman

Hello All
    I have a 2018 Chapman ML3 Pro Modern semi hollow guitar with a pair of stock seymour duncan chapman pickups and 5-way switch. Guitar itself is amazing but neck pickup sound lack luster thru my fender vibrolux reverb. Neck pickups is just too dark and boomy and i have tried to tweak pickup heights and tried with several pedals but just not clear or even punchy. I know the stock pickups are more for metal and i need a more bluesy sounds with crisper cleans. I was thinking about phat cats on both bridge and neck. This guitar is routed for open style humbuckers so a soap p-90 wont fit. Are usually all humbuckers like phat cat same dimensions industry wide? Anyhow info or pickup recommendations for rock/blues/americana style music would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AGarcia; 02-26-2022, 01:12 PM.

Welcome to the forum!
    Phat Cats will certainly un-boom your pickups, especially if you dig the P90 sound. Another great choice is a Pearly Gates set, which should clear up the sound as well.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Jazz neck is sparkly and tight. I think a Pearly Gates for the bridge is a great recommendation.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I agree with ES, jazz in the neck is a great pick up

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 10.09.43 AM.png
Views:	125
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	6154864
          Quick pic of current wiring. I have swapped simpler pickups before but 5-way switch is a little intimidating.

Comment

Looks like it's based on a Fender 5-way superswitch, but without seeing a picture of it out of the guitar it's hard to tell.
            Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 02-28-2022, 01:27 AM.

Comment

What are the 5 positions of your switch? What coils do they select?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X