Custom Shop Pearly Gates in a 335?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Pearly Gates in a 335?

Has anyone here tried the Custom Shop Pearly Gates in a 335?
    how did you like it?

Never tried a Custom Shop PG - like the regular ones too much!

But I can't imagine why you wouldn't love a PG in a 335. especially if you want to get a little ornery on it, unlike say Seths.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Haven't tried it but again, it all comes down to your desired outcome, music style and tone you are after and having the pickup cooperate with the natural attributes of the guitar.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I want a vintage but slightly aggressive tone. I also want to keep the spanky hollow sound with both pickups. I also need the neck to be clear and articulate. Basically BB King to Billy G.
        Last edited by Mpcoluv; 02-26-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

hell yeah, why not. should sound great

Comment

Originally posted by Mpcoluv View Post
            I want a vintage but slightly aggressive tone. I also want to keep the spanky hollow sound with both pickups. I also need the neck to be clear and articulate. Basically BB King to Billy G.
            Again - never played Custom shop PG's.

But...can't imagine all of that and more wouldn't be available with a touch of volume or tone adjustment.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Why would the CS PGs sound better than the regular PGs? Either would sound good, but one certainly cost more.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The CS version is supposed to sound a little different. Is that better? Who knows. Might be depending on your ears.

Comment

Isn't the CS PG single-coil sized? I have a bridge and neck version, and I'm embarrassed to say, I've had them for several years and have never installed them yet. Lazy and too many irons in the fire.

Comment

I am referring to the humbucker versions.

Comment

Those must be truly custom order, 'cause I don't see them on the website.

Comment

The CS version is supposed to sound a little different. Is that better? Who knows. Might be depending on your ears.
                        Unless I heard them side by side, I wouldn't be able to tell if it was 'better'. I'd rather spend CS money on something truly unique, though. I bet the production PGs will do just fine.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I personally find the PG's overly bright and harsh for the tones you are talking in a semi hollow. On the other hand LOVE the Saturday Night Specials in my semi hollow Carvin AE 185.

Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Another idea with something they is really cool and unique are the full size Psyclones. Played a set in a semi hollow a few weeks back and was surprised by them. LOT hotter than I though they would be. Really cool pickups in a semihollow unique and cheaper than the CS PG set.

Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                            X