No announcement yet.

Help with coil splitting SD JB Humbucker with CTS pushpull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to check further into the pickup and I think I see a problem with the coil split wires ...looks like they've come disconnected can I tackle this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1006.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	6156403

Comment

Did you buy that thing used?

Reattaching coil wires can be done, but it's tricky. If you have to pay someone you're as well just buying a brand new pickup IMHO.

Comment

Came out of an old Ibanez 30+ years ago..not sure of it's full origin...is there a full diagram on the web of the internal wiring of the humbucker ?
        Last edited by Cragway; 03-07-2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
          Reattaching coil wires can be done, but it's tricky. If you have to pay someone you're as well just buying a brand new pickup IMHO.
          I gotta agree with TCH here. Someone has converted that to a 2-wire pup. Given your soldering skills, (and I'm NOT knocking them), I wouldn't attempt that. Get a new/used pup.

Also, I believe Duncan themselves will redo the original 4-conductor wire for $20 + shipping.

Comment

Jeez,everyone busting my chops on my soldering skills ... there not that bad really.I took my time rectifying the compromised pickup,anyway I'm enjoying my new to me split 30 year old SD JB,although it won't replace a true single coil it gets you in the ballpark...I gave the pickup another 30 years of service.

Peace

Comment

Glad you got it wired up properly. Enjoy it.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Cragway View Post
                Jeez,everyone busting my chops on my soldering skills ... there not that bad really.I took my time rectifying the compromised pickup,anyway I'm enjoying my new to me split 30 year old SD JB,although it won't replace a true single coil it gets you in the ballpark...I gave the pickup another 30 years of service.

Peace
                Excellent news.

Comment

Working...
                X