need a diagram please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a diagram please

I have an EVH Wolfgang that has been modified to have just a single volume, 3-way toggle, and a push-button kill switch. All works fine except that the circuit isn't grounded! There is a grounding eyelet and wire screwed into the guitar through the shielding and is soldered to the volume pot....that's all that is grounded.
    What else do I need to ground here? I've never tried wiring a circuit with a kill switch....where else do I need to add grounding?
    I can upload a pic if necessary...LMK

thanks

Did the bridge ground get disconnected when doing the modifications?

Comment

Anything to be grounded - including the strings - needs to connect somehow to the sleeve terminal on the output jack.
      Just make sure of that and you'll be fine.
      I bet beaubrummels is right; likely the ground wire to the bridge simply got disconnected.

Your killswitch button is momentary, correct?
      There are two ways of wiring one, depending on whether the switch is normally open or normally closed.
      If it's normally closed, it goes in between the volume pot and the output jack.
      If it's normally open, it just goes across the two lugs of the jack to short out the signal.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

The modifications were done by the previous owner and I do see 2 wires that were cut and just a short length is still left soldered to the pot.
        I don’t know why I’m drawing a blank on this….I have rewired several guitars but never one with a kill switch (yes, it is momentary, meaning when you push it it kills the sound and when you release it, normal sound happens again).

There is a wire going to the Floyd, and one from the shielding to the pot.
        Im thinking I just need to run one from the pot to the kill switch and then from the kill switch to the output Jack….is my thinking correct on that?

And does it matter what side of the kill switch I wire it to?

Comment

Check this out. There's a diagram further down in the 3. SPDT/Push-Button Combination section that should help.

https://www.electricherald.com/how-t...ch-for-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            Check this out. There's a diagram further down in the 3. SPDT/Push-Button Combination section that should help.

https://www.electricherald.com/how-t...ch-for-guitar/
            Thanks!
            I’ll check that out once I can get home to my laptop….doesn’t seem to want to open properly on my phone.

Comment

Offsubject but…you have had the Kemper for a while, what’s your take at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                Offsubject but…you have had the Kemper for a while, what’s your take at this point?
                I absolutely LOVE it. I wish I had bought it years ago.

Comment

Everything that's not wood

Comment

Working...
                  X