Tele Schematic Needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Schematic Needed...

Good day all~ I'm having a helluva time finding a scheme for 2 single coils, 2 volumes, 1 tone, & a 3-way LP style switch.

Many thanks in advance~

Start with this as a reference. Swap in the single-coil wires for the humbucker wires. The rest would be the same.

Comment

^If you want independent volumes, put the pickup hots to the middle lugs on the pots, the outputs where the inputs went, and omit the volume pot to volume pot ground*. Instead ground each volume pot back to the tone pot individually.

* This bit is contentious, I know, but my experience says the volume pot to volume pot ground somehow defeats the independent volumes.

Also note on single coils, by convention, the black goes to ground, the white or yellow is your hot. It doesn't matter if you connect BOTH back to front as the pickups will still be in phase with each other, but if you connect one pickup one way and the other pickup the other way, they'll be out of phase, and you'll get a horrible thin sound when you combine the two.

Click image for larger version  Name:	This way.png Views:	0 Size:	177.8 KB ID:	6155870
      Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 03-04-2022, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X