Van Zandt tele bridge gauge? (AWG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Zandt tele bridge gauge? (AWG)

Anyone know? I asked JD there but he said they were 42 but i'm not sure if he was being honest in an attempt to keep their recipe from being given out. Anyways, i use their strat pickups and have for years and love them. But till now i haven't really used thier teles and just tried both the true vintage and vintage plus bridge models. They both show a DCR of around 7.5k but the plus had staggered and beveled magnets. (you can order then either way. I figured at 7.5k they'd have some mids and the top would be slightly rolled off, but they were both extremely bright and no mids to speak of other then high mids. So they come off in my 60's tele like scooped and really bright. This seems to me like it would indicate 43 AWG given that if it were 42 it would be pretty hot and somewhat dark. They are definately A5 by the way. Till i tried them i had a bootstrap 6.4k A5 with 42 AWG with unbeveled flat magnets like the true vintage i tried and that thing even at 2k less DCR is quite a bit darker ! Any thoughts on why this was the case, and anyone know the true specs of the VZ's AWG?
Working...
X