I want to add a JB junior to my strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to add a JB junior to my strat

I have a strat with a standard 5-way switch and three single coils. If I swap out the bridge for a JB junior, do I need to change the 5-way? I'm not interested in coil-splitting, but I would like to use the in-between position with the middle and bridge together. Again, I don't need the coils to split, but I'm more concerned with noise. How will hum be affected if used with middle and bridge together if using just a standard 5-way switch? The middle and neck are not noiseless pickups, just standard single coils. I'm trying to avoid having to rewire a super switch if I don't need to.

If you just swap the pickup directly in, you'll get about the same amount of 60 cycle noise with the mid+bridge that you would with the mid pickup on it's own.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

^ yup you won't lose any of it, except the bridge.

Comment

Also, if the other 2 pickups are Fenders, you will have to flip the green and black wires of the SD to keep it in phase.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X