banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UOA5 Custom: Go A8 or Ceramic for low end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UOA5 Custom: Go A8 or Ceramic for low end?

Been experimenting with various pickups in my PGK Korina V build and went with a trusty 59/Custom set and was surprised how loose and mushy the UA5 Custom sounded in the V (compared to my LP). I typically tune a half or step down and this was in standard tuning.

Trying to 'tighten up' the bottom end for more heavy metal hard rock playing. The previous mentioned come to mind but appreciate suggestions to minimize trial and error.

On hand I have A8, A6, Ceramic, A2, A4, and A5 both polished and RC.

Also got a Distortion that is itching for install was planning on throwing it in a super strat but could always try it in the V while I mag swap.

Of the mags you have on hand Id go ceramic but I the Custom fam of pickups arent my face but I love the Distortion, so that gets my vote
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
      Of the mags you have on hand Id go ceramic but I the Custom fam of pickups arent my face but I love the Distortion, so that gets my vote
      +1

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Even though I'm not a very big fan of ceramic mags, I think that what you say you're after would require a ceramic mag...possibly double thick.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X