Fender Lead III mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Lead III mod

My stock Lead III currently has a master tone and volume, with a 3-way toggle for splitting either one (or none) of the 2 humbuckers, as well as a 3-way toggle for pickup selection. I recently purchased a set of the 59's as well as a push/pull pot.

My goal is to get the neck pickup on the 3-way toggle for split/series/parallel, and then replace one of the other pots with the push/pull so I can select series/parallel on the bridge.

The closest diagram I could find on the website is attached, and there's a very handy section that came in the box describing what the wiring looks like for just the series/parallel wiring but I'm having trouble seeing how it all fits together.

Looking for any advice, thanks!

First thing is to make sure you have 4 conductor 59s.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I do have 4 conductor 59's, yes.

Comment

The next thing is to make sure the 3-way toggle is (DPDT) on-on-on. Many are on-off-on, which won't work.

Like this: https://guitarelectronics.com/double...switch-chrome/
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 03-21-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Just had it set up at a shop so I was a bit wary prying it up but I could see really clearly when I lifted up the pickguard. BOTH of the toggles are on-on-on so we are good to go.

Comment

The way I'm reading the diagrams so far, it looks like the 6 connection points on both the neck 3-way toggle and push/pull would be wired the same way, with the bottom right of each going to the pickup selector?

Comment

Exactly. They're both wired the same, but the on-on-on will automatically select the extra function.

Click image for larger version

Name:	series_parallel.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	6159592

Comment

Working...
              X