No announcement yet.

Humbuckers that split for 2nd position quack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used the StagMag in my Jackson for months. It was great. Full humbucker was in Distortion territory. Split to either coil was various Fender sounds (Strat/Jaguar/Jazzmaster, etc.). Parallel was like a Tele bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      I've used the StagMag in my Jackson for months. It was great. Full humbucker was in Distortion territory. Split to either coil was various Fender sounds (Strat/Jaguar/Jazzmaster, etc.). Parallel was like a Tele bridge.
      My primary do anything guitar has a JB in the bridge and it splits really well but I've always imagined something other than a JB for that guitar. It really doesn't need the mid-range Spike and I thought about combining a JB coil with a very different coil to keep the split but have a more general humbucker, especially one that can clean up.

In theory to stag mag would do everything.. I would default to parallel but it would be nice to punch in series for overdrive.

Will let you know what I do when I do it and I'm almost certain I would get good quack :-)
      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
      X