Kramer Quad Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Quad Rail

Anyone have any experience with these pickups? Any good? Are there any Duncan that's similar?

Click image for larger version

Name:	z21ds7lnti0b6wkvkqi7.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	6162220

I remember mine sounding really mid heavy in the guitar I had them in. Split, they sound good. Parallel is another good one- series was my least favorite.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
      Anyone have any experience with these pickups? Any good? Are there any Duncan that's similar?

Depends on your definition of good.

I have a set in a Kramer Barretta (neck thru reverse headstock Music Yo era). I'm not the most excited by them, but you give them a try and let us know.

Comment

The closest in tone is probably the P-Rails in series, which is my least favorite sound of the P-Rails.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

If you mate them to a Freeway switch, the big one, there'll be some usable sounds in there.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered some Dragonfire Quadrails, rated at 23k ohms for the neck/ bridge for my Kramer guitars.
            Also adding some Triple Shot pickup rings for versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              The closest in tone is probably the P-Rails in series, which is my least favorite sound of the P-Rails.
              I like a P-RAils in series...but I don't like it that a P-RAils sounds that way in series. If that makes sense.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I am already on record here liking the P-Rails in series. Kind of like a rabid Custom tone to it, without any PAF lineage. Actually, it does not sound like it is related to any other pickup I have used.
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I have Kammerstein quad rails in a Zerberus. They're hot & thick but also fairly focused & tight for their power.
                  Actually they're quite fat even when split, not clean & clear and definitely not bright.
                  Haven't tried them in parallel; that sounds pretty inviting.
                  I intend to pull them one of these days and install my last Breed set.

Might explore parallel wiring with the quads in their next home. Not sure where that will be, though.
                  High output hums aren't really my thing - I stick to vintage, vintage-hot, or medium output.
                  The JB is at the upper limit of my comfort range. I don't like needing to redial things when I switch guitars.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

That's one hell of a pointy guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                      I have Kammerstein quad rails in a Zerberus. They're hot & thick but also fairly focused & tight for their power.
                      Actually they're quite fat even when split, not clean & clear and definitely not bright.
                      Haven't tried them in parallel; that sounds pretty inviting.
                      I intend to pull them one of these days and install my last Breed set.

Might explore parallel wiring with the quads in their next home. Not sure where that will be, though.
                      High output hums aren't really my thing - I stick to vintage, vintage-hot, or medium output.
                      The JB is at the upper limit of my comfort range. I don't like needing to redial things when I switch guitars.

Yes, I forgot to mention he Kramer "Barretta" I have them in has a push-pull tone to split the pickups.

Comment

Working...
                      X