Thrash Factor + Sentient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrash Factor + Sentient

Have anyone tried it? Any thoughts? In theory it feels like it could be a pretty optimal metal combo.

New combo alert!

Never heard of this being done. Could be just me.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

While I haven't known anyone specifically to pair the Thrash Factor with the Sentient, I have known a few who've paired up the JB and the Sentient, which for all practical purposes is about the same thing really. Seems like the results were satisfactory, said the Sentient gave them a tone that was a bit less mushy than the 59 but a bit more full and lively than the Jazz. I think especially if you're looking to get something along the lines of a modern metal tone happening, the Thrash Factor and Sentient could work out ok?

Comment

I went from a JB/59 to JB/Sentient to get rid of the 59's honky character. The Sentient is I believe a tad bit hotter, tighter and more modern sounding, but I didn't feel like a huge departure from the fundamental tone of the 59. So it made sense that it works with the JB. I think it's a sort of best of both worlds old school and modern metal madness combo. And as has been said, the Thrash Factor is a tweaked JB, so I expect it to pair just as well with the Sentient.

Comment

Working...
        X