Screaming' Demon for VH tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming' Demon for VH tone?

So, since I got my Kramer revamped, I've been playing a lot of VH, because, Kramer! (See Kramer Confidential in guitar room)

That said, I'm pretty happy with the sounds I'm getting VH-wise. Run-in w/ Devil, Atomic Punk, Eruption, etc...Not as good for Panama, but still, pretty darn good IMO

I'm playing through my Hughes & Ketner TM18, lead channel plus boost, with delay from my VS H2O. No idea if it is finger mojo, the amp, the pickup or what, but I'm digging it!

Anyone else getting their VH on with a Demon???
    Last edited by Aceman; 04-12-2022, 06:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I've been doing some with a Custom Custom in my Jackson. But I don't spend a lot of time on VH. Just hit a few chords and riffs for satisfaction when taking a break between other things. When I tried the Demon, it was similar to the '78 Model. At least in terms of being thin and bright.

Comment

Yah, tight & bright is the ticket.

Amp tone is really the bigger factor IMO - and his playing itself, of course.
      Still, through Eddie's rig various guitars often sounded pretty much identical.
      To this day some debate which which were used on which songs.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yup. Been doing the same. I don’t worry so much about the pickup being dead on but on having the amp dialed in close enough and capturing the vibe in how I play it.

Comment

Jackson J50BC is what works best for me.

Comment

I've never been a down-to-the-wind VH tone chaser personally. As I have often said, it's preset #37 on whatever box-o-chips is on the floor anymore anyway. Most of my VH tones have came from either a Distortion, a Custom, or a Custom Custom.

But I was kind of pleasantly surprised at how well this thing vibes. I think it lets me really work with the amp a lot, especially bass and mids, while still having the 'bite' I need.
            Last edited by Aceman; 04-13-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

It's been quite a few years since I've tried a Demon in the bridge position, might have to try it again. I like the term "finger mojo" though and hope you won't mind, I'm using it!
              Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
              Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
              Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
              Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
                It's been quite a few years since I've tried a Demon in the bridge position, might have to try it again. I like the term "finger mojo" though and hope you won't mind, I'm using it!
                Yeah - I see players sometimes playing an amp just getting "that" sound, whoever it may be, with just random guitar into amp. No fancy pickups or effects - it's finger mojo. Enjoy the phrase.

Comment

Thx Ace! This has me thinking, and maybe this has been covered, but has anyone ever tried a small ceramic Custom type magnet in a Demon for the bridge? I don't usually mess with the sauce too much...
                  Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
                  Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
                  Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
                  Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

SH-5 for VH.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                      SH-5 for VH.
                      Yeah - I have done that. But there is the '78, The Custom, and the Custom Custom that have been VH'ed.

Comment

It is the equivalent of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

Only instead of particle position and particle momentum, it is VH pickup construction and VH pickup tone.
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I use the Screamin' Demon in the neck position with a Dimarzio Evo in the bridge.
                          The SD is probably the most versatile pick ever made. You can put it in any position and it never seems to not amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            Yeah - I have done that. But there is the '78, The Custom, and the Custom Custom that have been VH'ed.
                            Yep, even more than that. For the forum, I'll just leave this here:

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

I thought nailing Panama was at least half the point of owning a Kramer?
                              Own multiple Kramers and problem solved!
                              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
                              X