Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS strat

I am finishing off a very long going project
    Have I purchased the wrong single coils as the poles are out of line with the strings
    Alnico 2 pro

What are my options ? Do SD make single coils for straight mounting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems your bridge and neck are Gibson spaced. Rail pickups will be your best option, since I don't think SD offers different string space for its single coils.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

If you don't notice a drop off of volume on the bigger strings, then it is just visual. If you do, yes, I agree, this is where rail pickups shine. SD doesn't make single coil rails with a vintage sound, though...you'd have to get something like Vintage Rails.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

IME the outside strings being inside the poles is better than the outside strings being outside the poles.

Comment

It's important to understand that the pole piece doesn't pick up the signal. The coil does. The pole piece simply induces magnetism unto the string. It's like a hand grenade. Close, is sufficient.

Comment

Working...
          X