banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried STK-S7, STK-S4, TB-59 combination in an HSS Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried STK-S7, STK-S4, TB-59 combination in an HSS Strat?

I have used the STK-7 in this guitar's bridge, but am wondering whether it would be FAT & JUICY in the neck, or WOOFY & DARK??? Has anyone tried it in the neck of a Strat?

Would it work well with a full-size 59 in the bridge,or would STK-S4 in the neck be a better match?

“The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

The S7 is a little dark and compressed for me in the neck- I like the S4 better. It sounds like a Strat pickup should. As far as what is a better match with a 59, it depends on what you want out of a neck pickup. The S4's tone matches the 59 better, but I could se you going for an S7 if it was a higher output humbucker and volume balance was important.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsdad View Post
        I have used the STK-7 in this guitar's bridge, but am wondering whether it would be FAT & JUICY in the neck, or WOOFY & DARK??? Has anyone tried it in the neck of a Strat?

Would it work well with a full-size 59 in the bridge,or would STK-S4 in the neck be a better match?
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          Great playing and tones in that video. Just be aware that the clean sounds with the STK-S7 at the beginning are using it split.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

at least with the stks4, there wasnt a huge amount of difference between split and not

Comment

I had it in a Strat with 250k volume and tone pots. It was too dark and bassy for my taste. May have worked better with 500k pots.
              I have it in the bridge with a STK-S4 in the neck, no middle, and it's a duo made in heaven for me

Comment

Turns out that both of them are broken.

Comment

Both of what?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Both pickups. I was trying to decide which one to install in the new pickguard but it turns out neither one works. Been in storage for a while, must've damaged the wires.

Comment

Working...
                    X