Crunchlab / Liquifire are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunchlab / Liquifire are here!

So after much drama, my Dean Zone II is now outfitted with some brand new DiMarzio's

I just though I'd throw them in and give something different a shot! Not my usual SuperD, TZ, or X2N from them.

Only had it a monist, but my initial impressions...

Crunch Lab: Hot. Nice and full sounding, but not overly bright. Sounds more crunchy, or is noticeably so, as the gain drops on the amp. Not nearly as fizzy/hairy as a SuperD.

Liquifire: Also hot, but not mega. Very Smooth. Middy in a good way for the neck. Has an A2P kinda vibe if you ask me. Might be a cool match for a Custom Custom in the bridge.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love it, that guitar is 100% Steve Dallas.

Comment

Why'd you install the Crunchlab upside down?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Use that guitar for Shooting Star!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

Ask John Petrucci.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Ask John Petrucci.
              Once you've had a bit of play time, try flipping the Cruchlab so the rail is closer to the bridge. IIRC it's designed to be usable in either orientation, and I've heard of players who prefer it oriented the way Demanic is suggesting.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I think I played that guitar before.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

This way for more beef, and the rail at bridge for more cut.

Comment

Who put the graphics on it? Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

Once you've had a bit of play time, try flipping the Cruchlab so the rail is closer to the bridge. IIRC it's designed to be usable in either orientation, and I've heard of players who prefer it oriented the way Demanic is suggesting.
                      That's how I have it in my V. I think that it gives a bit more cut this way. But I know that it can be reversed for, as someone commented, more beef.
                      My V is neck through and has plenty of low end, so I went with the other option.
                      It's sounds much better in this guitar than when it was in my Jackson, and it sounded great in that. I suppose that in that guitar, I should have had the rail towards the neck.

Comment

DiMarzio suggests rail to bridge when down tunings are used.

I have to say - not terribly thrilled with the DiMarzio shades of pink.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                          Who put the graphics on it? Sweet!
                          Vinyl decals I got made. Might get a couple to cover the buckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            DiMarzio suggests rail to bridge when down tunings are used.

I have to say - not terribly thrilled with the DiMarzio shades of pink.
                            Makes sense. I usually tune to D standard. Although I bet drop C would sound fantastic.

Comment

Eb is usually as low as I go

Comment

Working...
                              X