Little '59 Volume Pot Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Sounds like you were using the wrong cap value. What you described sounds like a .047uf cap (which is usually the recommended cap with singles). I have also experienced what you described when I have used a .047uf. I have never had that issue when I started using .015uf or even .010uf caps (yes, even on singles). Those will remove the highs without removing much of the mids, leaving you with an un-piercing yet clear tone...not that muffled tone that you described, which is typical with .047uf caps.

The Little 59, even though it's a single coil sized pup, should never be used with a .0470uf cap! It will definitely sound muffled/muddy. Even a .033uf is too much. I wouldn't even try a .022uf with it. That pup should be used with a .015uf or .010uf cap.
    +1

I find .047 to be too much rolloff regardless of the pickup or pots in question. In most guitars I start off with a .022, except that I don't go larger than .015 for a neck position humbucker. On guitars with a master tone control, I typically start with .022 but will go smaller if that's too much rolloff.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
    X