Duncan Tele Stacks - Great Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Tele Stacks - Great Success

This is a quick one but I figured I'd share anyways after a few weeks with these new pickups (Vintage Stack neck, Hot Stack bridge)

Stock pickups sounded brilliant but buzzed like a MF (like a Musicians Friend, obv). The Duncan stacks also sound brilliant but without the hum. Extremely single coilish in response and tone. I've played a lot of Teles and would never guess these are not true single coils. The best part is that with the stock pickups this particular Tele was very gutsy and bold with a certain quality where notes seem to jump out of the guitar, moreso than any other guitar I own. Well the Duncan stacks keep this quality! Quite pleased because that's what makes this guitar special, and that character comes through the Duncans with ease. And with a 4-way switch it's even more versatile - the series position is slightly bolder, slightly fatter, very musical and fun. I'd definitely recommend these Stacks for anyone wanting to keep traditional Tele tone but eliminate the hum. Really beautiful sound and imminently useable the way I hoped they'd be.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

I am a big fan of stacks, too. Happy it solved the problem without getting rid of the tone.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't have much experience with Tele stacks, but I love my Strat stacks. I'm sure they work the same. Technology can be a beautiful thang.

Comment

+1

I've been a fan of the Tele Hot Stack for years.

I have mine paired with a SM-1n Vintage Firebird in the neck and a STK-S4 Classic Stack Plus in the middle with 500K pots and .022uf tone wired 50s style; early Zeppelin tones all day long. The 3-way blade is wired like a typical Tele, while the mini toggle selects middle pickup in the up position, 3-way blade in the down position, or both in the center. I've thought about a 4-way switch, but was worried that the Hot Stack and Firebird in series would be too much. It was also impossible to get a 4-conductor SM-1 the last time I checked.
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          +1

I've been a fan of the Tele Hot Stack for years.

I have mine paired with a SM-1n Vintage Firebird in the neck and a STK-S4 Classic Stack Plus in the middle with 500K pots and .022uf tone wired 50s style; early Zeppelin tones all day long. The 3-way blade is wired like a typical Tele, while the mini toggle selects middle pickup in the up position, 3-way blade in the down position, or both in the center. I've thought about a 4-way switch, but was worried that the Hot Stack and Firebird in series would be too much. It was also impossible to get a 4-conductor SM-1 the last time I checked.
          Yeah. The Hot Stack doesn't even sound/feel hot - just full and bold.
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
          X