NPD: A2Pro neck and Secret Agent for my tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: A2Pro neck and Secret Agent for my tele

I can’t justify getting a Strat so I put a A2 Pro in the neck of my tele for some great Strat tones. What a great pickup, folks.

In the middle I gave a try to the secret agent and I think it sounds good but I don’t have it on it’s own so it’s a bit hard to tell. I have it in series with the bridge in one of the positions and I think a notch less hot would have worked even better for that position.

In the bridge I kept the SD JD, which is awesome and obviously goes well with the A2Pro

The “in between” tones are good but I am really liking the position with all three pickups which is unusual for me.

I also put new brass saddles since I was at it. I think somebody recommended them here a few months back.

None of the black Strat covers I had fit the pickup but I think it looks good:

Last edited by Blille; 05-30-2022, 04:27 PM.

very cool and stealthy. 5way?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      very cool and stealthy. 5way?
      Thanks! Stealthy indeed

It's the same wiring I had, a 4 way with a switch, really like it:

Comment

Two singles in series is definitely its own sound. My Strat has a switch like that.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Two singles in series is definitely its own sound. My Strat has a switch like that.
          I really prefer middle and bridge over neck and bridge. What is yours?

Comment

Sweet. Is that the "Rock Rabbit" control plate? I always thought they were a great idea, since I saw them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

I like the neck and bridge myself, or neck and middle.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                Sweet. Is that the "Rock Rabbit" control plate? I always thought they were a great idea, since I saw them.
                It is! Simple but I like the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

i prefer bridge and middle in series too, still fat sounding but a little less bottom end than neck+middle

Comment

Working...
                  X