Wiring Diagram for Stacked pickups and Pull/push Tone Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram for Stacked pickups and Pull/push Tone Pot

I am doing a part stratocaster project. I am using Seymour Duncan noiseless single coil pickups. I had the wiring, pots, switch, and push/pull pot done by Hoagland custom. The push pull is for Series Parrell.

I need a wiring diagram for the wiring of the SD noiseless and using the tone push/pull pot for my luthier. The pickups came with a diagram and so did the wiring harness. But I was hoping for an available SD diagram with wiring using a push/pull pot. I checked the site and didn't see anything for that.

Thanks

Which model noiseless pickups are you using? I have a Classic Stack Plus in my Tele and that pickup has 3 conductors, not four. It's possible to 'split' the pickup in order to disable the dummy coil, but I'm not sure that series / parallel would work the way it does with a typical humbucker.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

They are Seymour Duncan STK-S4s Classics.

Comment

Thats a rather rude response to a simple question.
        If you have nothing constructive to say, then please move on.
        Last edited by RICH0158; 06-04-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RICH0158 View Post
          They are Seymour Duncan STK-S4s Classics.
          Those are the pickups are was referring to in my post, and series/parallel isn't possible on a single pickup. You could however add a switch to put the bridge and middle in series for example.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think series was possible on a single Stack, especially the newer ones with the dissimilar coils.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't know why anyone would want to series /parallel the "dummy" coil within a noise canceling pickup anyway. After all, other than hum-bucking, it's not really supposed to produce any sound at all.

You can series /parallel two pickups, three even, but the wiring gets complicted.

To the OP please clarify what you're trying to achieve and I'll try to help.

Comment

Note: The intented purpose does works with my luthiers installation. However, there is a ground issue that he is pursuing. BTW The builder of the wiring harness, Hoagland Custom, is available to diagnose the issue mentioned above if needed.

Rather than using hummbucker single coil, Lt 59, I was trying to achieve a hummbucker type tone using the single coils in series. The noiseless function was to elminate the 60 cycle hum.

Based on the builder's specifications for the wiring harness design when the push/pull pot is engaged the following switch functional occur:
                Position 1 Neck only
                Position 2 Neck only
                Position 3 Neck and middle
                Position 4 Middle and bridge
                Position 5 Bridge and neck

Last edited by RICH0158; 06-05-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Just for future reference, the convention is P1 (switch al the way back) is bridge, and conventional strat wiring is:

P1 -bridge only
                  P2 - bridge plus middle
                  P3 - middle only
                  P4 - middle and neck
                  P5 - neck only

but...

In your list why are P1 and P2 the same?

Which sets of two do you wish to series / parallel?

Do you want the option to have all three pickups active, series and / or parallel?

Do you want to retain two tome controls or are you open to having a master volume and a master tone plus a blender volume pot to add the neck to the bridge?

Comment

Working...
                  X