banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have experience with SD jazzmaster pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have experience with SD jazzmaster pickups?

I just ordered a hot jazzmaster bridge and a vintage jazzmaster neck for my parallel universe jazz-tele I was just wondering if anyone has experience with these or any of the other SD jazzmaster pickups? I'm Wondering what to expect. I'm replacing a pair of fender v mod jazzmaster pickups that are too bright. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Don't know but we'll be watching this thread carefully to see if I can learn something and thanks for asking.
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Had experience with the Vintage set (SJM-1) in a basswood Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster.

Using 1meg pots, and going for vintage wiring, it gave true surf rock tones when using mild gain. Cleans were stellar. Even managed to use the rhythm circuit with satisfying results.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
      X