banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does SD make a low/moderate output ceramic neck pickup for clean tones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uOpt View Post

Hmmm, now I need to refresh my memory. Don't want to take mine apart to measure...
    There's been talk here that the Invader neck is basically a modified Jazz. The low ohm reading definitely seems to suggest it's 42. Unless it's SERIOUSLY underwound 43, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      There's been talk here that the Invader neck is basically a modified Jazz. The low ohm reading definitely seems to suggest it's 42. Unless it's SERIOUSLY underwound 43, but I doubt it.
      Whatever it is, I wish I could learn to like it as much as many people seem to. It looks pretty cool with those huge polepieces. too.

Invaders have always sounded really dark, overwound, and inarticulate to me, like the Slug before it was a thing.

Comment

As an update to this, I've found something of a work around for it.

Basically switching a Jazz to parallel and out of phase sounds a lot like an EMG 60 to me. It gets rid of a lot of low end and fullness that even a Jazz has.

I now wire all my passive guitars with Triple Shots and phase switches just to handle muddy neck pickups.

Comment

Working...
        X