banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys pairing your X2N's with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

Obligatory "the same way I like my women" tag.
    Loud, aggressive, and a big bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      I like smooth neck pickups as well. Smooth and hot. What would you pair an X2N with, then?
      I haven't used an X2N so I can't comment on how they'd balance, but the Liquifire is very smooth and reasonably hot (not sure if it's hot enough though)

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

When I had a Kramer shred stick, I paired it with middle and neck DiMarzio Choppers

Currently sporting an X2N paired with a Hello Kitty pick guard only
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
          I have the stock pile of crap Jackson neck pickup paired with my X2N because I just plain don't use neck pickups. I'm that guy I guess. The X2N is my favorite non Duncan pickup by far, it's a hot momma!
          As I like to say, "When you need to pimp-slap your preamp tubes into next week..."
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I had a Les Paul with 3 X2N's... the old units back in the 80's. There were no high fidelity tones available from them - just an angry snarl.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Lawrence L-500

Comment

Nah, just get two and rock it like Buckethead did in his Jackson V back in the day, maybe wire the neck one in parallel to tame it a bit.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                  Nah, just get two and rock it like Buckethead did in his Jackson V back in the day, maybe wire the neck one in parallel to tame it a bit.
                  With the neck in parallel it should be a great match.

Comment

I wonder how the X2N would pair with the Norton. Or would the Air Norton be too weak with the X2N in the bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      I wonder how the X2N would pair with the Norton. Or would the Air Norton be too weak with the X2N in the bridge?
                      Never had an AN myself, but that combination was a favorite of James from Cradle Of Filth. He used to post on 7string a lot.(maybe still does?)

Comment

A 59b in the neck slot paired well with a Dimebucker. It should fare just as well with an X2N.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Giving this thread a little bump to see what other suggestions you guys have. I have an Epi LP incoming that I'll be dropping an X2N in, and I want ideas on what to drop in the neck.

So far the Air Norton and regular Norton are wining!

Comment

I'll vote super2 if it's primarily for shredding with high-gain, otherwise Evo-n for a more balanced soloing under varying gain levels, or Liquifier for nicer cleans with the more fluid alnico tone.
                            The D'activatorXneck does not work well if the guitar already sounds beefy in the lows or has thick lower mids. Regular D'activator neck would be good also.

Comment

Yeah. I'm probably between the regular D'Ac or the Super 2. I definitely want as hot as possible. Thanks!
                              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-16-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

So, how does an X2N compare to a Dimebucker? They seem to have similar specs and construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X