Shorter mounting screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorter mounting screws

I want to squeeze a JB into a Player Strat. It does not have the deeper routes for the legs/mounting screw. I want to find shorter screws to install it with and squeeze it in there. What thread does Duncan use on their humbucker mounts??

I will just cut them off if I have to but if a Lowes run will solve it, that would be a better option

I have always found cutting them is the quickest solution. A quick minute with the Dremel beats a trip to Home Depot or Lowes.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I have always found cutting them is the quickest solution. A quick minute with the Dremel beats a trip to Home Depot or Lowes.
      +1
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Plus - screws are cheaper than gas these days.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The screws themselves, are #3-48. But they can be hard to find at the big-box stores. Cutting is definitely the solution.

Comment

Yeah, I've always just cut them. I've also cut them at an angle to make sort of a wood screw if direct mounting into the wood. It was easier than sourcing the right sized wood screws at the time.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

lowes or home depot wont have what ya need, fastenal would though. thats where i get all my odd ball stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                lowes or home depot wont have what ya need, fastenal would though. thats where i get all my odd ball stuff
                I just got screws at Ace Hardware they have the drawers with the random loose screws and bolts.

Comment

Working...
                X