Alternative 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative 8

What kinds of music does this pickup excel at? Thanks!

I've always found it to be great with downtuned guitars and heavy chugging metal.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

If you utilize the 4 wires, an Alternative 8 has a lot of range.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

What neck pickups should I consider using with the Alternative 8? These will go into a fully-mahogany Les Paul Custom with rosewood fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater106 View Post
          What neck pickups should I consider using with the Alternative 8? These will go into a fully-mahogany Les Paul Custom with rosewood fretboard.
          What are your priorities from the neck?,,,,,,,,or,,,,, Do you want a versatile (jack of all trades master of none) model?

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

What are your priorities from the neck?,,,,,,,,or,,,,, Do you want a versatile (jack of all trades master of none) model?

Versatile, I’d say.

Comment

Versatile, I’d say.
              But I’m after ‘90s grunge tones (Nirvana, Mudhoney, etc.).

Comment

But I’m after ‘90s grunge tones (Nirvana, Mudhoney, etc.).
                Works for that!
                I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Bump for suggestions on a versatile neck model to pair with the alt-8 for 90's era grunginess.

Comment

Distortion n.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd think a PG or 59 would be just fine for that.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

First off, I think the Alt8 is a great match for the full-hog/rosewood LP, especially if it's not a maple-top, but could be good either way. The Alt8 can sometimes add too much clank in the upper mids for some people when in the wrong guitar, but IMO that is a good fit in the typical full-hog/rosewood.

For the neck I will suggest the Full Shred neck model. It's very bright and tight for an alnico neck, but still has the earthy grind that I usually find lacking with ceramics. I'm a big fan of ceramics in-general, but in this case to pair with the Alt8 I think the FSn would be perfect.

Comment

I would go for a Distortion N to match with the Alternative 8. Maybe even Black Winter N.

If you go for a PAF-type, I'd probably go for the bridge version to try to match the output.
                          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-29-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I had it paired with Screamin' Demon. The middle position sound is just gorgeous.

Comment

59 neck
                              https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                              X