banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quarter Pound Tele - Does it clean up well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Pound Tele - Does it clean up well?

See subject....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

A tapped version would do better. It isn't that it doesn't clean up, it is that it remains thick throughout the volume range.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i would use a treble bleed if i wanted to get better clean tones from a qp, otherwise, as dave said, its gonna be thick. kinda dark too for what i want from a clean tone

Comment

Can a switch be used on a tapped version to go from full to tapped?

Comment

yes, thats usually how you use a tapped pup

Comment

Very interesting. I'm looking for an excuse to buy a Tele that would go a step further than my Strat with STK-S4/S7

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
              Can a switch be used on a tapped version to go from full to tapped?
              A switch can be used on any pickup coil to reduce the output.

Not sure on doing that surgery after assembled though. I think that needs done during winding.

One day I'm gonna get a Les Paul Jr. and get a P-90 Wound vintage/Hot with a Tap!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Cleans up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

A switch can be used on any pickup coil to reduce the output.

Not sure on doing that surgery after assembled though. I think that needs done during winding.

One day I'm gonna get a Les Paul Jr. and get a P-90 Wound vintage/Hot with a Tap!
                  P-rail with a Freeway switch.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

QP for strat cleans up nicely with a treble bleed. You get beefy full power and bright, more vintagey output with the treble rolled back. I figure the same would apply with the tele version.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                    X