Psyclone with BG1400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psyclone with BG1400?

Hi everyone. I’m building a cool thin line Tele with a BG1400 in the bridge and want to put a Psyclone/TV Jones/Filtertron in the neck because I love the look. However, I don’t know which model would be a good match for the BG1400. Any suggestions?

Best,
    J.

Not super familiar with the BG1400. I also do not know what style you play and what kind of tone you are looking for. I have a TV Jones Classic + bridge in the neck position of my Tele. It is pretty hot, and I had to back it off a bit. Once I got it dialed in I now get a cool Malcolm Young-like vibe from the guitar. There is a Hotrails in the bridge so it is used mainly for hard rock and metal.

Comment

I'd love to try a BG-1400, but I haven't yet. But I do have the Psyclone set installed in my Guild Junior Jet. They are classic "light." Judging from the BG-1400 specs . . . I'd think they would overwhelm the Psyclone. Then again, maybe not.

Comment

The BG1400 is a loud pickup. It is also on the darker side for a Tele pickup. Figuring out what would go with it would depend on what you use a neck pickup for, and what kind of music you play. Is volume balance as important as the overall tone? Don't just go by looks, as you might be disappointed with both volume balance and tone.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          The BG1400 is a loud pickup.
          They should put that in the description.

Comment

Like Securb said, but the normal TV Jones Classic Bridge should be along your lines. I recommend also the TVJones Brian Setzer bridge for bit more rudeness.
            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. Yes, I think some of those suggestions would go well with the BG1400. By the way, is the vintage stacked tele bridge quieter or less output than the BG1400? That’s my second option.

Comment

yes, less output and a more traditional tele tone. not as bright as a true vintage single coil bridge pup but brighter and less middy than the bg1400.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  The BG1400 is a loud pickup. It is also on the darker side for a Tele pickup. Figuring out what would go with it would depend on what you use a neck pickup for, and what kind of music you play. Is volume balance as important as the overall tone? Don't just go by looks, as you might be disappointed with both volume balance and tone.

I orderd one for my Esquire. BG1400.
                  Thickest Mid iswhat i am expecting.
                  planning to use even 7s to compensate.
                  ever since ordered my Hope is high to fuzz it out with 3rd switch position.

Comment

Originally posted by rollingpap7 View Post

I orderd one for my Esquire. BG1400.
                    Thickest Mid iswhat i am expecting.
                    planning to use even 7s to compensate.
                    ever since ordered my Hope is high to fuzz it out with 3rd switch position.
                    It actually sounds really cool with a fuzz pedal!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X