No announcement yet.

Need some Help :) * Seth Lover and ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Slash set in a Mockingbird and the Slash bridge kicks ass and cleans up really well.
    I also agree the Hybrid would be a great match for a Seth neck.
    Brobucker could be fantastic here too; I love that wind.

But in terms of what the OP has on hand, for hard rock I'd go with one of the Customs.

Depending on the voice of this particular LP and on what you want from it:
    SH-5 if the guitar is warm or middy and/or if you want tight lows.
    CC if the guitar is bright or scooped and/or if you want a looser feel.

In any Les Paul Custom, IMO either one of those should do you just fine.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
      I have the Slash set in a Mockingbird and the Slash bridge kicks ass and cleans up really well.
      I also agree the Hybrid would be a great match for a Seth neck.
      Brobucker could be fantastic here too; I love that wind.

But in terms of what the OP has on hand, for hard rock I'd go with one of the Customs.

Depending on the voice of this particular LP and on what you want from it:
      SH-5 if the guitar is warm or middy and/or if you want tight lows.
      CC if the guitar is bright or scooped and/or if you want a looser feel.

In any Les Paul Custom, IMO either one of those should do you just fine.
      thanks really..
      its vintage vide to Hard Rock as AiC i want to play the Les Paul with.
      now its Custom sh5 VS a New experience Sh-14.
      "The Customs" haha

personally i love CC with Fuzz otherwise prefer SH-5

do you guys think purchasing SH-14 wouldnt hurt for the sake of... i dont know
      coz i got way more PUs then Guitars...;;

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

A Seth bridge would sound great, but it depends on how much gain and volume you use. Feedback would be an issue with exceptional gain and volume.
        well AIC is pretty much gain only next to metal dont you think?

Comment

and Thank you everyone mentioning Slash Set.
          Gotta get em i guess for another LP.

Comment

Originally posted by rollingpap7 View Post

thanks really..
            its vintage vide to Hard Rock as AiC i want to play the Les Paul with.
            now its Custom sh5 VS a New experience Sh-14.
            "The Customs" haha

personally i love CC with Fuzz otherwise prefer SH-5

do you guys think purchasing SH-14 wouldnt hurt for the sake of... i dont know
            coz i got way more PUs then Guitars...;;
            Custom 5 is great for a midrangey guitar and pretty darn good in evenly-voiced ones too.
            It's not as scooped as its reputation might lead one to believe.
            Sounds like an A5, just has a little more muscle than vintage output A5 hums.
            Good choice for hard rock IMO. Not quite as warm or liquid as the CustomCustom but also not as spongey.

Here's something you probably know already but I feel obligated to point it out: All Duncan Customs use the same coils.
            SH-5, Custom Custom, Custom 5 - the only difference is which magnet is underneath.
            You can turn your SH-5 or Custom Custom into a Custom 5 simply by swapping the magnet.
            This wind also does great with A8 or UA5 mags, although those aren't stock Duncan models.

Not trying to discourage you from buying, of course.
            But I too have way more pickups than I have places to use them.
            Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 07-21-2022, 07:18 PM.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

Custom 5 is great for a midrangey guitar and pretty darn good in evenly-voiced ones too.
              It's not as scooped as its reputation might lead one to believe.
              Sounds like an A5, just has a little more muscle than vintage output A5 hums.
              Good choice for hard rock IMO. Not quite as warm or liquid as the CustomCustom but also not as spongey.

Here's something you probably know already but I feel obligated to point it out: All Duncan Customs use the same coils.
              SH-5, Custom Custom, Custom 5 - the only difference is which magnet is underneath.
              You can turn your SH-5 or Custom Custom into a Custom 5 simply by swapping the magnet.
              This wind also does great with A8 or UA5 mags, although those aren't stock Duncan models.

Not trying to discourage you from buying, of course.
              But I too have way more pickups than I have places to use them.

oh.... Cmon... Really?
              that Mid scoop is statement was my excuse to avoid being called a PU collector by my girl....
              coz once bought, i just simply do not sell and I dont understand myself either haha.
              anyways, before i check out this Custom 5, is it articulate with fuzzy tone well enough as Custom Custom?
              I find CC good when playing punk with a bit of fuzz.

Comment

The EQ of the C5 is literally opposite of the CC. I think the CC does the fuzz thing better, while the C5 does the high gain metal 'chunk' thing better than the CC.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  The EQ of the C5 is literally opposite of the CC. I think the CC does the fuzz thing better, while the C5 does the high gain metal 'chunk' thing better than the CC.
                  you said it like i'd ve..... YES
                  and there's JB.
                  Cant go wrong when you want it hot.
                  I got a JB set
                  utterly JB NECK was available officially
                  Last edited by rollingpap7; 07-22-2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

IMO the Custom 5 is nice and articulate - crunchier than a CustomCustom and a little less smooth.
                    Sorta like a 59B but with extra muscle, a bit of compression, and maybe a little less sparkle.
                    I think it'd make a nice match for a Seth neck, myself. Different voicing but complementary.

Comment

The Custom Custom or the Slash Bridge are the only ones I can see really meshing well with the Seth Neck's personality. I have never really liked a neck and bridge that varied too much in feel and tone. (Gibson SG with 498t and 490r are a good example. On their own they are both good pickups. Together, they are too much polar opposites.) I think the Seth bridge can handle hard rock pretty well. It is A2, but it still has a pretty firm bottom end and handles gain well.

Comment

Originally posted by rollingpap7 View Post

well i want more output in the Bridge.
                        Seth Lover Bridge pick is in the 335 with a stock one.

The reason im asking around is the Guitar gotta go under repair and all the jobs including PU installation and all that will be done by a luthier.

PS

I KNOW SETH LOVER SET is a way to go but I want to play AiC !!!
                        Custom Custom for sure then.
                        I have one in my LP. It does anything I ask it to.

Comment

Working...
                        X