SD Custom wound pickup puzzle..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Custom wound pickup puzzle..

Hi all, first post, longtime SD user... Found this pair of Telestacks, the bridge is easy to work out, looks like the stock model, but the custom neck pup has all this info- no sticker though, but the ohms match as per the card, it's genuine.... just would like to know if there's any further on who wound this pickup, and if it was voiced a certain way- I have a choice of Partscasters to use this one in, would be great to "tone match" to the right axe, if possible..
    But the question remains.. who is Anne?

Thx ppl.

Not on the list of the Usual Suspects

https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/s...mark-%C2%93far
    Last edited by hamerfan; 08-10-2022, 02:40 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

the magic of the custom shop is that you can ask them to do whatever you want within reason. id guess that it sounds like a tele neck pup without the hum

Comment

True that it would be a hum free neck pup, no question there... ATM the Custom shop equivalent seems to be the Alnico 5-2 Stack, whereas this may be a full Alnico 5... meaning...is it better for solid body Tele, or hollow body? I guess that's why the original wind details would be nice. I've heard that MJ has her notebook with the winds all detailed, just thought that mystery Anne in 1992 may have put this in a dark vault somewhere as well.
        That's the puzzle I guess. Of course it will sound amazing, but I am a little cork sniffy
        Original TS808 and original JCM800 2203, if you know what I mean.

Comment

I think you have to just try it to find out (and report back). While the Custom Shop has 'standard models' listed now, this is most likely a one-off for a specific person, with a specific goal. I bet it sounds great in any guitar you put it in.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thx Dave, I guess it's because I'm gambling on a Paulownia bodied build I recently picked up from a budding luthier, just one of those one-off freakish 'new' wood guitars that somehow hit the absolute G-spot for my hands in almost every way from the frets to the neck profile, and of course the super-lightweight body.
            But of course we have to gut all the electronics and SD the lady with phase switching etc.so a report might be a little later on...
            I've only really liked Tele's for the last 1-2yrs, though I've been playing for 40....had a bad overweight Fender baseball bat butterscotch experience early on i think.
            Funny how the journey never ends. Love it.
            Though you gotta have good pickups. Always.
            Thx everyone, and if anyone finds out about Anne, that would be cool- she may have made custom musical magic yet to be recognized. 1992 was a VERY good year, many good guitar tracks back then..

Comment

Given the year, my guess is it's a slightly underwound Vintage Stack that was done in the Custom Shop (not sure why) and came out 6% under stock. Winder initials don't match the legacy pre-2000 listing because it was a custom shop pickup.

Comment

Working...
              X