George Lynch and his pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch and his pickups

I don't know if George Lynch uses the Duncan Screamin' Demon because I just bought the Sun Red Sun album and in the notes it says he uses Mr. Scary/Arcane pickups. Never heard of those.

George is known for changing his gear quite frequently.

First he used a stock Duncan Distortion. Next he worked with SD on the Screamin' Demon, his first signature pickup. I think next it was the Super V, a signature pickup available from the SD Custom Shop. Then came the George Lynch Hunter, another signature available from the SD Custom Shop. ...and I probably missed one somewhere in the preceding.

If he is using the Arcane Pickups Mr. Scary, then he has moved away from SD. ...but it is George, he may very well be back to SD in the future.

Edit: So yes, I missed the Dokkenbucker, which was kind of a secret Custom Shop pickcup that George used between the stock DD and the Screamin' Demon.
    Last edited by JamesPaul; 08-14-2022, 12:41 AM.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The Arcane was a few years ago, about when Sun Red Sun was recorded '15 or so. If you remember for a while the Demon was just called the "Screamin' Demon" instead of "The George Lynch Screamin' Demon". All's well again and George is a Duncan man again! When he returned they created The Hunter which is apparently a pickup Seymour made for George in the Dokken days. I think Arcane still make the albico 8 Mr Scary pickup but I don't think George is still using it.

George does change certain aspects of his gear a lot, but probably even more than most of us, he is endlessly "tone questing", he often talks in interviews about how much his playing depends on his tone, and therefore he is always searching....
      Last edited by soulforger; 08-14-2022, 05:58 AM.
      Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
      Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
      Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
      Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

When I saw George at BB King's in NYC around 12 years ago I grabbed this picture of his pedal board. He had a BOSS EQ on his board. I have not seen it since in any rig rundown. He changes up things a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X