No announcement yet.

I am playing my Explorer through my Helix and I'm not too satisfied yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out why my guitar and the Helix was sounding bassy all the time. My guitar tech wired my pickups in reverse. I was always playing on the neck pickup when I was going through the Helix. He wired the neck pickup to the bridge pot, and the bridge pickup to the neck pot.

Now I am using my X3 so I can get a real accurate idea of what my guitar really sounds like.

The Custom 5 sounds pretty good and the Screamin' Demon also sounds pretty good too.

I will have him fix his mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
      ..I always loved the Explorer; because of it's fat sound- that I always thought was because of the huge body ...

Maybe a ceramic pickup would be a good match?

-.E ♪
      It really isn't a big body. It may stick out a bit from end to end, but it's very narrow from the top to bottom in the middle. They're great guitars to play sitting down, but I couldn't get used to how small the body seemed to me and sold mine.

Comment

Luckily, you have a pickup (the custom-5) that can transform into half a dozen other great humbuckers with just the swap of a magnet. Turn it into a CustomCustom with an A2 magnet, a Custom with a Ceramic magnet, a Custom-8 with and A-8 magnet, or other interesting variations with A-4, A-3, or Unoriented A-5 magnets. That would give you a really good idea what that guitar/wood likes, even if you end up trading it out for something else in the end.

Comment

Yeah, if the C5 is not working out for you, throw a ceramic mag in there for a Custom. That is a solid bridge pup in most Gibson's/Epiphone's.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Double thick ceramic for the "Big" Custom, aka Custom +.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X