Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer & Co.....

I know your setups are not always, let's say, N-S-N, or
    S-N-S,, so, what are my hum-free positions on a S-N-N or N-S-S setup... I picked up some stray SD Surfs, & the hottest bridge p/u is South 9k, while the others are both North, leaving me with a S-N-N situation if I really want the hottie in the bridge.... or maybe it'll spice up my 2 & 4 position sounds if i leave it in the middle??
    thanks all~

Use a neck bridge blender. If you cock it, you can get mostly bridge and mostly neck sounds with hum cancellation, plus more mixed neck and bridge or full neck and bridge position. Actually a very handy set up. You could even blend in some hum cancellation to your position 4 which wouldn't be hum cancelling between neck and middle.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 08-21-2022, 11:08 AM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Any combination that's S-N should give hum rejection, so your position 2 will be humbucking but position 5 won't.
      I say use 'em anyway. Is it worth getting a different, South-up neck pickup just for position 5?

The Surfer Custom bridge is a great pickup - juicier yet still Stratty.
      Just what Strats always needed, IMO.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
        Any combination that's S-N should give hum rejection, so your position 2 will be humbucking but position 5 won't.
        I say use 'em anyway. Is it worth getting a different, South-up neck pickup just for position 5?

The Surfer Custom bridge is a great pickup - juicier yet still Stratty.
        Just what Strats always needed, IMO.
        This is exactly what I'd recommend, too.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X