Antiquity P90 - bobbin broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity P90 - bobbin broken

I just bought a second hand Antiquity Dog Ear P90 and the bobbin is cracked and a chunk even came off. I taped it back together with scotch tape. Is this normal for them? Should I be concerned about it? It's under the cover so visually it's a non-issue.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Dunno, mine is under the cover.

I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't wiggle it too much so that the wire isn't cut by the sharp edges.

Comment

it's a non-issue.
      You answered your own question.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

as long as the pup works, and you got a good deal on it, then i wouldnt worry about it

Comment

Yeah, if the coil is in place, and the wire isn't broken, then all is good. Always a risk when buying used pickups, I guess.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Shame too. Gonna be difficult to resell. I installed it... and pulled it. Hated the tone out of it.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
              Shame too. Gonna be difficult to resell. I installed it... and pulled it. Hated the tone out of it.
              What didn't you like?

Comment

wonder if they messed with the magnets or something? ive never seen a p90 bobbin missing a chunk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

What didn't you like?
                  It just sounded worse than the stock Gibson P90. No chime, mushy, compressed.
                  -

Comment

Magnet swaps are easy, fast, and cheap, and very often save a "bad" pickup.
                    "I don't like the real world. I have to live there, and it sucks. It's drab, it's dingy, quality control is a f*cking joke, A-cups are far too prevalent, nobody can fly and all the dinosaurs are dead!" -- The Game Overthinker

Comment

Weird...that doesn't sound right.

Comment

Originally posted by jafo View Post

Magnet swaps are easy, fast, and cheap, and very often save a "bad" pickup.
                        What's easier is putting the original pickup back in and selling the Antiquity to someone else. Sometimes a pickup and a guitar just aren't well suited for each other.
                        -

Comment

Working...
                        X