Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Humbuckers 1 Vol. Coil tap 3 way toggle No tone knob

Hi,

I've been thinking about replacing the pickups from a 7 strings guitar, and went for the Seymour Duncan Nazgul and Sentient, but the guitar has no tone knob.

I've searched in the Seymour Duncan website the wiring diagram for 2 Humbuckers 1 Vol with coil tap, 3 way toggle no tone knob, but I can't choose NO tone knob.

If anyone could hand me a wiring diagram like that I would be really grateful!

There are many here far more knowledgeable than me. Hopefully one will draw you the schematic you want.

In the meantime the following might give you food for thought .It is not exactly what you want but if you ignore the vol pot and assume the tone pot is the vol pot and then connect up the 3 lugs on that pot as shown for the vol pot That should work. I hope that makes sense. Click image for larger version

Name:	wd2hh3t11_01__45715.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	6192388

Comment

Obviously do not include the Cap in the wiring

Comment

Use this diagram. Just imagine that the DPDT switch is a push/pull attached to the vol pot (the function is exactly the same). If you want to "split" (not "tap") both pups with the p/p pot, just attach the red+white wires of the bridge pup to the right side of the DPDT that the neck pup is attached to.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images..._1V_2mtSPL.jpg
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X