banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tried building a hybrid with an A2Pro/Jazz and a Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried building a hybrid with an A2Pro/Jazz and a Custom?

I am not selling my A2Pro bridge pickup so I’m thinking of building my first hybrid with a custom 5.

Anybody tried it?

It feels like it should work well.

Haven't tried it, but I agree it should work well -- you have two variants on a PAF (one considerably hotter than the other!), exactly like the '59/Custom hybrid.
    "I don't like the real world. I have to live there, and it sucks. It's drab, it's dingy, quality control is a f*cking joke, A-cups are far too prevalent, nobody can fly and all the dinosaurs are dead!" -- The Game Overthinker

Comment

Originally posted by jafo View Post
      Haven't tried it, but I agree it should work well -- you have two variants on a PAF (one considerably hotter than the other!), exactly like the '59/Custom hybrid.
      Thanks for the encouragement, that’s what I thought but you never know

Comment

Which magnet are you going to use?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Which magnet are you going to use?
          I was going to go with polished 5, but I’m open if you have any suggestions.

A2 doesn’t work for me generally in the bridge but A3,4,5 are likely fair game (and I have available).
          Last edited by Blille; 09-02-2022, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I did that a while back. From memory I liked it better than the C/59, but I used an A4 in the end as that bumped the mids up a fraction

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

I was going to go with polished 5, but I’m open if you have any suggestions.

A2 doesn’t work for me generally in the bridge but A3,4,5 are likely fair game (and I have available).
              I like A2, so that would be my choice, but polished 5 would be my 2nd.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I assume you want this for the bridge position. In that case an A5 would be a good choice. If you plan on splitting it, an A8 would be a better choice. If you're using it in the neck, an A5, A4, or even an A3 would be a good choice. I personally like A2 in the neck but I'm nearly alone in this (I think Mincer also likes A2 in the neck).
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks folks, it sounds like I’ll start with A5 then and take it from there. I have an A4 handy too so that may be next if it’s too bright.

I don’t plan on really splitting it, this is for the bridge in a SSH setting and I would only split it for the position with the middle pickup.

Comment

im an a2 bucker junkie but id suggest starting with a5 for you. id think itll be fairly similar to the c/59, maybe with the mids shifted a bit lower? curious what ya think

Comment

Working...
                    X