Superb antiquities p90s demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb antiquities p90s demo

Love this demo! P90s in a semi hollow Strat... This is one of my holy Grail tones!
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Very nice indeed!
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Kind of shows bespoke partscasters are some of the best guitars.

Comment

I've owned many p90s that sparkle and just as many the growl.. however, this demo is probably the best mix of the two that I've ever heard.

Of course amps and recording have a tremendous impact, but this is really got me wanting to throw a set of antiquities in my tele thin line :-)

Comment

P90s rule, but also this guy’s playing style does a quality guitar justice.

Comment

P-90s are just about the best sounding most versatile pups ever. Yes there are some humbucker tones that a P-90 cannot duplicate, but everything else it does better.

Those P-90s in the demo are a very clean, bright, airy sounding P-90s and they are fantastic if that's the tone you're seeking. But slightly overwound P-90s can growl and scream til you're in tonal nirvana.
            Last edited by GuitarDoc; 09-08-2022, 07:31 AM.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              P-90s are just about the best sounding most versatile pups ever. Yes there are some humbucker tones that a P-90 cannot duplicate, but everything else it dies better.

Those P-90s in the demo are a very clean, bright, airy sounding P-90s and they are fantastic if that's the tone you're seeking. But slightly overwound P-90s can growl and scream til you're in tonal nirvana.
              100% agreed.. my favorite p90 is a slightly overwound neck in my Reverend double agent.. with all those mids, I just punches through the mix.. but after this demo, I'm ready for a set of underwounds!

Comment

sounds good but its so wet, hard to tell what the guitar actually sounds like

Comment

Yes, sounds very much like a stryman Big sky... Very complex.

So you bring up a good point.. in my experience effects rarely add what I perceive as natural sparkle... But if the algorithm has some eq or harmonic generation stuff going on, I guess it could change perceived sound...

I'm going to ping the creator of the video to see if he'd be willing to post the same guitar dry.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    sounds good but its so wet, hard to tell what the guitar actually sounds like
                    Yes, I was going to say the same thing. One of my big pet peeves about pickup and guitar demos. I don't know why most product demos have tons of effects on...so many effects you can't even tell what the product actually sounds like. In the above demo, even the clean part has reverb.

Dang, people, if you demo a product (like a pickup or guitar) let us hear it first without any effects on! Keep in mind that you are NOT demoing all of the effects you have on your pedal board.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                    X