'59 B in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    It doesn't sound that much different from a '59N, IMO. Just a tad warmer, a tad less scooped, and a tad hotter. Not by miles, TBH. Especially if you're pairing it with a hot bridge pickup.
    Yeah, that's how I'd describe it... warmer and a tiny bit less scooped (because of the slight increase in the mids), and a tiny bit hotter. No change in the bass. It's a subtle but necessary improvement over the 59n for the neck position.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The answer is probably “depends on your guitar and amp and style” so if it’s a pickup you already have throw it in there and see. If you’re buying something I wouldn’t spend money on a 59b for a neck spot.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
        Didn't Dimebag use this as his neck pickup?
        Yep, to match his bridge BL to prevent volume drop, especially for leads.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
          Didn't Dimebag use this as his neck pickup?
          Yep my SN 002 2000 Washburn USA Stealth that was bought by a dealer off the NAMM floor came with a 59 Neck wit a XL 500 in the bridge.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
          X