Hey Zozoe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Zozoe.

Here's your diagram. I didn't want to hijack the "Strat" thread. It's drawn on a Tele template, but the 4-way wires up the same regardless of the app.

1. Bridge. (Handle towards the rear.)
    2. Bridge & middle.
    3. Bridge & neck.
    4. Neck,

Click image for larger version  Name:	zozoe.png Views:	1 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	6198236

Yes indeedee, Artie.... I wish more folks would hijack threads, especially the slow moving ones!! That looks perfect, & while we're here, just so I don't need to abandon all my 5-ways, could you show me the same config, but on a 5-way where the #5 & 4 would likely both be neck solo... Thanks my friend!! Kennyॐ

Comment

Artie,,, A little birdie told me that my B-BM-BN-N is not doable on a 5-way.... I'll feel better after you confirm, & I'll proceed accordingly..... thnx again my friend!! Guys like you give this chat a good rep.

Comment

not on a normal 5-way unless you dont mind having things in a weird order, but you can if you get a super switch.

you could do n-nb-b-bm-m with a normal 5way

Comment

I've been doodling up a bunch of things this morning, and I don't see any way to do this with a conventional 5-way. A normal Oak-Grigsby style 5-way is limited in it's switching options. Think standard Stratocaster sequence. I'll still mess with a few ideas, but it doesn't look like that particular sequence is do-able.

Jeremy beat me to it while I was typing.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            not on a normal 5-way unless you dont mind having things in a weird order, but you can if you get a super switch.

you could do n-nb-b-bm-m with a normal 5way
            I did one sorta like that, but kept the normal bridge position 1, so it's b - bn - n - nm - m
            I like having the normal three-way Tele sounds in a row, then two extra using the middle.
            And it was super simple, just reversing the lugs for middle & neck in a standard 5-way wiring.
            EDIT: That's also the way I had a Strat set up years ago.
            Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 09-26-2022, 01:21 PM.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

I did one sorta like that, but kept the normal bridge position 1, so it's b - bn - n - nm - m
              I like having the normal three-way Tele sounds in a row, then two extra using the middle.
              And it was super simple, just reversing the lugs for middle & neck in a standard 5-way wiring.
              EDIT: That's also the way I had a Strat set up years ago.
              I like that idea. I might do that on one of my Strats.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211220_131509.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	6198698 You guys rock,, & all food for thought,,, but the 4-way option that Artie plotted out, is my ticket...
                I typically find middles so-so at best, & any NM too dark, undefined, & nowhere as exciting as any BM #2..

First thing is to remove a 4-way I put in my Schecter Tele (on left), & back to the stock 3-way which is awesome,,, 4th series sound simply unnecessary,, yes powerful, but a departure.....
                With those pups, it's hardly a true Tele, but is its own animal, & has great sounds all around.... This leaves me a 4-way switch to while away a wonderful rainy day!! Thnx!!

Comment

Working...
                X