I got sent the wrong pickups! P-Rails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    Thank you Securb for letting me know what I'm entitled to. I guess I just didn't want to take it further.
    Like I said if it was an individual, I would have done the same thing. It would be a loss for a person, and I would not feel cool with that. GC or MF I would say the hell with them. You are a good man Rex.

Comment

I did message the seller. He told that I should issue a return via eBay, which I guess has to do with eBay policies. I told him I did not want to wait another 2+ weeks for the 496R, and if I could keep the P Rails. He told me that works.

I think maybe I should've asked for my 496R on top of the P Rails legally, right? But honestly, I didn't want to start a dispute for a pickup that I lost interest in while I waited for it, TBH.

So I guess I won't have my 496R now, but I get to try the P Rails.
      I think reaching out was great and IMHO the Prails set is awesome. Tinkerer’s paradise with a bazillion possibilities. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        If retail theft stopped tomorrow retailers would still calculate shrinkage into their P&L and charge it to consumers.
        ^This. All you need to know.
        Believing that reducing cost for the seller in any way will or better yet should somehow result in lower price for the end consumer is just fooling yourself. It has nothing to do with anyone's sense of morality.

Any type of business, especially big ones, uses every possible legal angle to reduce it's operating cost and increase profit. They are covered in any possible instance, usually at your expense, and fully legally. And now that an individual has a legal right for that small win, they should be hollier than JC himself, because morality and some backwards business logic? Makes zero sense to me.

If it's a small shop or an individual, it's much easier to empathize and do the right thing.
        The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Do you know the definition of "loss" in a P&L? If the prices are calculated for shrinkage and shrinkage is below that margin there is no loss. Let's take this a bit further. The retailers calculate a certain percentage of loss, called shrinkage. During the pandemic, most of these retailers closed their brick-and-mortar stores for months and relied on e-commerce. The brick and mortar stores account for the majority of the shrinkage due to damages or stolen items.

How many retailers announced their shrinkage was expected to be 3% but it was 1.7% due to the pandemic therefore they were reducing prices or rebating all of the consumers that shopped in their stores last year? None. If retail theft stopped tomorrow retailers would still calculate shrinkage into their P&L and charge it to consumers. The reason being it increases margins and it is easier to overcharge the consumer than to put in some type of commercial insurance device to protect merchandise and profits.
          Don't try to tell me about P&L statements and what a "loss" is. I was a business owner for 30 years and am very familiar with these and am also very familiar with the differences between paper work and actual impact on the business.

Again, you just happen to be wrong.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I did message the seller. He told that I should issue a return via eBay, which I guess has to do with eBay policies. I told him I did not want to wait another 2+ weeks for the 496R, and if I could keep the P Rails. He told me that works.

I think maybe I should've asked for my 496R on top of the P Rails legally, right? But honestly, I didn't want to start a dispute for a pickup that I lost interest in while I waited for it, TBH.

So I guess I won't have my 496R now, but I get to try the P Rails.
            You did the right thing by informing the seller and letting him make the decision to let you keep the P-Rails.

Comment

Like I said if it was an individual, I would have done the same thing. It would be a loss for a person, and I would not feel cool with that. GC or MF I would say the hell with them. You are a good man Rex.
              Is that because you don't believe that a person (or persons) owns a large corporation? That it is just an on-paper entity that doesn't actually exist?

Grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by DCikes88 View Post

^This. All you need to know.
                Believing that reducing cost for the seller in any way will or better yet should somehow result in lower price for the end consumer is just fooling yourself. It has nothing to do with anyone's sense of morality.

Any type of business, especially big ones, uses every possible legal angle to reduce it's operating cost and increase profit. They are covered in any possible instance, usually at your expense, and fully legally. And now that an individual has a legal right for that small win, they should be hollier than JC himself, because morality and some backwards business logic? Makes zero sense to me.

If it's a small shop or an individual, it's much easier to empathize and do the right thing.
                You also don't believe that a real person (or people) owns a large corporation? You think that only small businesses are owned by human beings? Would either you or Securb feel justified in stealing from Seymour Duncan because it is a large business? It also has a P&L and pays taxes based to some extent on its profits (even though taxes aren't quite that simple).

You and Securb are displaying the same morality that you accuse big business of having.

Time you guys faced some reality.

Comment

Caveat emptor, caveat venditor.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

You also don't believe that a real person (or people) owns a large corporation?.
                    Musician's Friend is owned by Ares Management Corporation a private equity firm. Morality is a personal thing, yours and mine will not align. I am sure you do things that do not align with my moral compass. Didn't a wise man once say “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone?” If you are not as flawless as the man who made the quote stop being the abettor of morality. We get your position on the subject.

Comment

Musician's Friend is owned by Ares Management Corporation a private equity firm..
                      With shareholders who are robots, human beings, or just pieces of paper?

Comment

Guitardoc is on something that I'm not. I'm definitely keeping anything a major retailer sends me. If it was a small local shop I would return it but I don't do business with those kinds of shops so I wouldn't feel the least bit wrong for keeping some pickups that Sweetwater accidentally sent me, I would want my original order too. They sell enough stuff they probably wouldn't even want them back.
                        It's funny how some stories became historic,
                        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

This thread reminds me of a t-shirt that a buddy of mine has. It says "Stupid should hurt".

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just glad that you are all so honest and ethical. That's what I would expect from members of a forum sponsored by such a great company.

Comment

I'm just glad that you are all so honest and ethical. That's what I would expect from members of a forum sponsored by such a great company.

Comment

No one is being dishonest. Look up the definition of the word. There is no intent to deceive in keeping a product. As far as ethics go? Once again, they are personal, and you can not force your ethics upon us or feel you are in some way better than others because of a perceived moral or ethical high ground. Do you eat meat? Lots of people think that is unethical. Do you use fossil fuels? Lots of people believe that is unethical. We all choose where we draw that ethical line.

There is no need to strike out and insult other members because they do not agree with your moral or ethical code. Are you are willing to give up your morning bacon and eggs because some vegan members here find it unethical?
                                Last edited by Securb; 10-08-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X