No announcement yet.

Gibson pickup recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAIK the gibson aftermarket PUs are 4conductor, the ones, coming in the guitar are braided wire..
    might be outdated though, since this is pre quickconnect

Comment

that was the case, the ones in guitars were all 2 cond, but i assume that changed since they went to the quickconnect? hopefully someone with more current gibson pup/guitar experience will confirm. though now that i type that... im guessing they still make 2 cond versions of some paf type pups that get used in certain guitars. i wouldnt think the hot ceramics would fall into that category though, and all of those would be 4 cond. again, hopefully someone with good current knowledge comes along to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        that was the case, the ones in guitars were all 2 cond, but i assume that changed since they went to the quickconnect? hopefully someone with more current gibson pup/guitar experience will confirm. though now that i type that... im guessing they still make 2 cond versions of some paf type pups that get used in certain guitars. i wouldnt think the hot ceramics would fall into that category though, and all of those would be 4 cond. again, hopefully someone with good current knowledge comes along to confirm
        I knew that some of the old ones had 2 conductor wire and yes they still make some of their pickups with the 2 conductor but I thought that anything as new as having a Gibson USA baseplate is going to be 4 conductor (referring to the 496r).

Anyone with more Gibson knowledge please Chime in.
        It's funny how some stories became historic,
        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Guitars in the current Gibson USA Original Collection have hand-wired components, and (I believe) all are 2-conductor. The Modern Collection is where you'll find fancy electronics and (possibly) the 4-conductor and Quick Connects. I didn't notice anything listed in the Pickup Shop as having Quick Connects.

Comment

The Custom with an A8 magnet is what you want. The C8 is a match made in Heaven for the SG.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X