banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the burstbucker pro(neck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the burstbucker pro(neck)

Am contemplating putting one of these in my incoming NGD, the regular burstbuckers aren't wax potted so I got the pro it's potted and has a A5 magnet which I prefer over A2. I'm going to put a 498t in the bridge. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

I hated the Pros, but don't mind the A2 Burstbuckers. The unpotted ones were never an issue for me either.

Comment

My BB Pros just sound like Seths, but less clear.

Comment

I've had the BB Pro's in my 2002 since I bought it new. They sound great.

I think the BB Pro may work better with a 498T than the 490R does. I have 2 SG's, and I raise the poles / lower the 490R pickup to get it brighter/match better with the 498T.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I've had the BB Pro's in my 2002 since I bought it new. They sound great.

I think the BB Pro may work better with a 498T than the 490R does. I have 2 SG's, and I raise the poles / lower the 490R pickup to get it brighter/match better with the 498T.
          I was thinking that the pro would be a better match for the 498t also. I have a SG with the 490r/498t and I enjoy it but wanted something different for the new standard.
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I think it may be a bit low output for the 498T, but some people like that.

Other than that, I love BB Pros over regular BB's, personally. Much more edgy and with a firmer bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
              I think it may be a bit low output for the 498T, but some people like that.

Other than that, I love BB Pros over regular BB's, personally. Much more edgy and with a firmer bottom-end.
              I actually prefer my bridge to be louder than the neck, I usually use the middle position with the neck rolled off to 7 it sounds like a really big bridge pickup so from everything I heard here it seems like it fits the bill perfectly I'm going to pull the trigger. I don't have anything against the regular BB's except the non potted issue but I do also prefer an A5 over an A2. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X