Rwrp middle? Strat question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwrp middle? Strat question.

Hi, a little confused on the “Everything Axe” having the Rwrp option. Recently I bought all these pickups individually not in the set and was curious if I needed a mod to be done on the Duckbucker middle now for these all to function their best. Should these all had been bought as a set? My goal has been to have a Lil 59 neck, Duckbucker middle and a rotating bridge option in all the Strats I own. Thanks!

The Duckbucker is hum-cancelling due to the split blade design. I don't see how it would be possible to make a RW/RP version.

Comment

I'm not seeing anywhere in the Duckbucker or Everything Axe descriptions where the Duckbucker has a RWRP option.

Comment

Originally posted by Jpodesz View Post
        Hi, a little confused on the “Everything Axe” having the Rwrp option.
        Where do you see this? I do see on the Duckbucker page:
        • Neck/Middle position models will have the same output, wind direction and magnetic polarity.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They're all humbuckers, you don't need rwrp.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

This is what I saw at the bottom of the “Everything Axe” set page on the Seymour Duncan site. Just was a little confused with those bullet points at the bottom. These were not bought in the set, but individually.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jpodesz; 01-14-2023, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I think that is a copy/paste mistake on the website.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That is boiler plate text for Strat single coils and may appear on many Strat pickup pages, unfortunately. If you go to the Duckbucker page directly, it's not there. There is a tooltip on the position selection however which has a disclaimer right at the beginning that says not all options appear on all pickups.

"STRAT POSITION INFO (not all of these are available on every product family):- Neck/Middle/Bridge position models will have the same output, wind direction and magnetic polarity.- Middle RwRP position (reverse wind/reverse polarity) – choose this to have a pickup that will be hum-cancelling with one of our neck or bridge models. - All sets, except the Jimi Hendrix signature model, come with a Middle RWRP as the Middle Pickup.- Left- for some models with vintage staggered pole pieces, we offer a left-handed option. The stagger will be reversed for left-handed players.- Tapped- High output models may have a “tap” option available. An additional lead wire is placed midway through the coil wind, allowing wiring to a push-pull pot or mini-toggle switch to give an additional vintage output level option."

Comment

Working...
                X