banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BG1400 and Pearly Gates for Tele are now in regular production!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BG1400 and Pearly Gates for Tele are now in regular production!

Check it out!

BG1400

Since the early days of Seymour Duncan, guitarists have been coming to our Custom Shop looking for pickups to bring a little extra howl and growl to their vintage guitars. For the past three decades, one of the most requested Custom Shop exclusives has been the BG1400. The pickup was designed for Telecaster® players looking for something a little fatter and hum-cancelling without sacrificing too much of the twang factor.

This tried-and-true Stack® bridge pickup features a pair of overwound coils on top of one another. The result is a noise-cancelling Telecaster® bridge pickup with a slightly more compressed, yet balanced attack and bodacious presence across all strings.

Pearly Gates for Tele

Since the late 70’s, guitarists have been coming to us for the Pearly Gates humbucker pickup. Originally designed for players looking for tones that were thicker and warmer than a standard P.A.F. without sacrificing the clean dynamics they offer. The iconic Pearly Gates tone is now available to Telecaster® players.

This humbucking Tele® size bridge pickup delivers the grunt and grit needed for styles ranging from country to hard rock while retaining the instrument’s notorious twang and bite.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

aww man! like it dont have enough teles already.

seriously though, thats awesome!!

Comment

OK - I have a little problem with this (Besides needing another Tele for a PG).

A PG is not about Twang & Bite. When I listen to a PG in a Les Paul, I hear a reasonable bass response, upper mid cut (but not twang), and smooth top end. Bright, but not bite. Cut but not twang.

So is this really a PG for Tele, or is it called that?

I think the Red Devils sound more PG in a Strat than this does in a Tele....
      This made me think I'd really like a Little 59 for Tele. Not the PG. even though we know I love me some Pearly Gates. Have mercy!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        OK - I have a little problem with this (Besides needing another Tele for a PG).

A PG is not about Twang & Bite. When I listen to a PG in a Les Paul, I hear a reasonable bass response, upper mid cut (but not twang), and smooth top end. Bright, but not bite. Cut but not twang.

So is this really a PG for Tele, or is it called that?

I think the Red Devils sound more PG in a Strat than this does in a Tele....
        This made me think I'd really like a Little 59 for Tele. Not the PG. even though we know I love me some Pearly Gates. Have mercy!
        Yup.

The humbucking Pearly Gates for Tele® Bridge pickup delivers the grunt and grit needed for styles ranging from country to hard rock, while retaining the instrument’s notorious twang and bite.

Comment

Fantastic news. I too might need to build a few Tele/Esquires.

Can the custom shop/shop floor custom do gold Tele nexk covers and or gold poles/rails?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Fantastic news. I too might need to build a few Tele/Esquires.

Can the custom shop/shop floor custom do gold Tele nexk covers and or gold poles/rails?
            That would be a question for them, I guess. Sometimes they are weird about what projects they can take on, or what fits the description of 'shop floor', 'custom shop' or 'impossible'.

Comment

You know - that would be a REALLY interesting read: The list of "Impossible" pickup requests, and why they were impossible.

Dave, set up an interview with MJ please.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                You know - that would be a REALLY interesting read: The list of "Impossible" pickup requests, and why they were impossible.

Dave, set up an interview with MJ please.
                I know when I ordered a black powder-coated 4 conductor Seth Lover set, MJ called me and said that she couldn't pot them, or else they wouldn't fit under the covers.

Comment

This is the exact pickup combo I came here to ask about. Well, almost exact. I have a tele with a Fralin Blues Special in the bridge, and a Pearly Gates bridge pickup in the neck. The Blues Special can't keep up with the Pearly Gates. The Pearly Gates is staying. Will a BG1400 in the bridge keep up with a Pearly Gates bridge pickup in the neck? By "keep up", I mean are the output levels similar enough that I can balance them out by adjusting pickup height? Another option I have considered is the Quarter Pounder.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

The BG1400 is a powerful pickup, and it shouldn't have any problem keeping up with the Pearly Gates in the neck. It isn't as dark as the Quarter Pound, and it is also hum-cancelling for a very quiet Tele.

Comment

Sweet! I've been wanting to try a BG1400 ever since I saw it. Now might be the time.

Comment

Just wanted to give a shout to the phrase "bodacious presence".
                        Take it to the limit
                        Everybody to the limit
                        Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

This is good news! The amount of times I've nearly pulled the trigger on the BG1400 for a Tele project is too many to count. I had such a bad experience with the Custom Shop (old news, not trying to bring up old stuff) that I just never pulled the trigger on one.

Comment

Working...
                          X