No announcement yet.

Partscaster - Seymour Duncan JB 250K Push/Pull Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yo i say get one of them 300k pots from art of tone. snaps off a piece of that brightness but not too much. It's like when you get a Kit-Kat bar (American chocolate candy) and you break off just 1 or 2 rows instead of half. that's what it does to your tone. Still delicious, just not too much. Art of tone dot com

Comment

I just wired up a strat with a JB in the bridge and a 250k volume only and it sounds perfect. You should be good. Just adjust the pup height on the bass and treble sides.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Supernautilus View Post

The only time it sounds bright is when it’s pushing high gain. The higher the gain, the brighter it gets. Cleans are fairly dark though. I just assumed it’s because the pup is so hot.
        Yea my Partscaster is super bright and harsh and ice picky with high gain or cleans
        Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
        Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
        Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
        2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
        1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
        Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
        Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
        Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
          JB sounds best with a 250K volume in Fender scale guitars IMO.
          Myself, I'd want a tone pot too. But that's just me.

Sometimes in a fat-sounding or darkly voiced Les Paul the JB does well with a 500K.
          Strat types don't really have that kind of fullness in their lows though.
          Yea I have the Seymour Duncan Hot Rod pickup set, JB and Jazz, in my old Korean Epiphone Les Paul Custom with the factory Epiphone volume pots, don't know what value, and 2 - push/pull tone pots - I think the 2 tone pots I had replaced with 500K CTS push/pull pots.
          Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            If you want the look of just a single knob, you could get a concentric shaft pot to do both vol and tone.
            What is this concentric shaft pot you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel1975 View Post

What is this concentric shaft pot you speak of?
              It is a special pot that uses 2 differently-sized knobs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cts_stacked__63322.1557352882.jpg?c=2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	6223730
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i have two concentric knobs on a washburn wms. i wantesd 500k volume and tone for the neck and 500k volume/250k tone for the bridge to tame just a touch of high end. takes a bit of getting used to but it happens quickly

Comment

I found concentric knobs kinda cumbersome - not so easy to dial 'em intuitively without looking down.
                  If you're short on room for knobs I guess it's a viable option for tone controls, which don't get used quite as often.
                  But for me a dual concentric volume knob would be very inconvenient.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                    I just wired up a strat with a JB in the bridge and a 250k volume only and it sounds perfect. You should be good. Just adjust the pup height on the bass and treble sides.
                    I just came across this Mojo Tone CTS Push-pull Potentiometer - Short Shaft - 250k - I think that might work in my Partscaster as I would think it would take short shaft, not long shaft:

Comment

That's good, you only need a short shaft to install it on a pickguard.
                      The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                        That's good, you only need a short shaft to install it on a pickguard.
                        Ok cool, I think the knob on it right now is one with a set screw so I couldn't use it with that pot right?

Comment

I just came across this Mojo Tone CTS Push-pull Potentiometer - Short Shaft - 250k - I think that might work in my Partscaster as I would think it would take short shaft, not long shaft:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ort-shaft-250k
                          Bought the Mojotone 250k short shaft push pull potentiometer yesterday and dropped guitar off at guitar repair shop this mornin and having pot installed wired Series/Parallel instead of splitting to single coil.

Comment

OP - get the 250k pot.

And get rid of the bat logo or whatever - LOL.

Nice parts caster!
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              OP - get the 250k pot.

And get rid of the bat logo or whatever - LOL.

Nice parts caster!
                              Aceman thanks! I won't get rid of that logo, that was the guy's logo that put the Partscaster together and everything for me.

Comment

Aceman thanks! I won't get rid of that logo, that was the guy's logo that put the Partscaster together and everything for me.
                                Did he do the work for free? Is he paying rent for that space? LOL.....
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X