X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some help again please.

Hey guys I'm back.

So, 2 weeks ago I bought this.

I bought some Grover 406C6 mini–Locking Machine Tuners, and a Bridge Seymour Duncan SH-8B Invader Humbucker pickup.

I'm wondering which wires go where.

This setup is way different then my other Ibanez.
    I could use some help.
    BTW....i got a 60W soldering iron.

Here's what I'm working with.

Attached Files
    Last edited by quintaar69; 02-01-2023, 01:05 AM.

Is your question about installation? I didn't see a question.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sorry about that, I was in a hurry at the time of my post.

Comment

Looks like there is some proprietary Ibanez switching system in there with it's own circuit board and everything. If I was looking at that, I would probably do one of two things. First, I could look up that switching system and see what the connections are so you know where to put the Invader wires at. Or second, I would rip everything out and rewire the whole thing with new electronics. The first option would be less work I guess. I would start by googling that circuit board and see what you find.
        Last edited by Supernautilus; 02-01-2023, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Here, I found this for you by googling the numbers on the board. I hope this helps.

Comment

And here are the color codes for Seymour Duncan. So I'm assuming the "TAP" is where you would want to put the series link. For the Invader that would be red and white. Solder the red and white wires together and wire them to where it says "BRIDGE TAP". Black wire to HOT. Green wire to GND. Bare wire should also go to GND. Just hook the wires up according to that and you should be good. Good luck!

Comment

By the way, I would be careful soldering to that board. It looks fairly delicate and the contacts look really small. If you burn the board up you might damage it and then the guitar won't work!

Comment

OK thanks. Im gonna open her up here in a Min.

Comment

Which one is the bridge? Front or rear?

NM i got it
                  Last edited by quintaar69; 02-01-2023, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Do the green and bare go together on the GND (switch)? or...does just the green go to the GND? then where does the bare wire go?? to what GND?

Comment

Green and bare to ground.

Comment

Got it !!!

Thanks guys.

BUT......I ran into this problem. The invader doesn't fit as is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230202_061317[1].jpg
Views:	214
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	6218237

First off, an I doing this right? Is that where the spring goes?

Name:	20230202_061629[1].jpg
Views:	219
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	6218238

The problem is ...the screw is too long. I tried the screws that belonged to the stock pickups. They don't fit in the new Humbucker at all.

If i don't use the spring...this is what I get. The pickup is WAY too high.

Name:	20230202_062028[1].jpg
Views:	207
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	6218239

Name:	20230202_061251[1].jpg
Views:	211
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	6218236

Any suggestions? I was just gonna go to home depot and buy 2 of those screws..smaller.

Attached Files

Comment

Those are the spring and screws for pickup ring mounting. You should probably use the screws that you removed from the old pup. There will also probably be a piece of foam or rubber that was under the pup before.

But there is a problem. The direct mount screws will probably strip out the Duncan threads. Not a big problem itself, but it will void your ability to return the pup if you think that might be a possibility. Then again, you could use a low profile mounting ring, but that opens it's own new can 'o worms.

Comment

You might be able to find small wood screws that pass right through the Invader holes and can direct mount to the wood. I've done this before, and it doesn't mess up the threads of the pickup. The threads are for the standard machine screws that Duncan uses, so I just got shorter, smaller wood screws to pass through, and used some foam from the pickup case to put underneath the pickup.

Comment

The screw's that came with the stock PUP, they don't fit the invader. Too big.

Comment

Working...
                              X