banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pickup does this sound like based on description/specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pickup does this sound like based on description/specs?

This is a currently offered pickup by a smaller company, but when I describe it what bigger manufacturer pickup does it sound similar to?

Standard PAF style Stud/Screw coils
    A5 magnet
    DCR 17.6k
    ”High Output” class

“Modern straight-up rock pickup. Strong low end, less mid-range push than the *other pickup* or the *other pickup 2*, but more top end with a nice presence. Great for high gain. Cleans up nicely.”

Almost sounds like a C5 but the DCR is quite a bit higher.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

17k on a humbucker with an A5 is like Tone Zone / JB territory. I think that anything you get in that area is going to be pretty midrangey and with a reduced top end.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      17k on a humbucker with an A5 is like Tone Zone / JB territory. I think that anything you get in that area is going to be pretty midrangey and with a reduced top end.
      I’m wondering about a slightly hotter, yet offset coil JB.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
      X